Tuesday, September 18, 2012

he is with me (Psalms 139)

i sit, amidst jungle blooms
i stand, on the cold pacific sand
i make my bed on the ocean floor
                         and still you are with me

you have looked me in the eyes
engulfing me

hand on my shoulder-
pavement under my feet

there is no place:
the brilliance of heaven
the expanses of earth
the deserts of hell
where i can depart from your presence

you knew me before i knew myself
you knew
that i love watercolors
gray sweaters
purple eyeliner
new pens

when the darkness is 
drownaroundsurround  
like a weighted blanket
even the blindness of nighttime will be 
as bright as day to me

for you are a light
at all times
all-encompassing
ever-renewing

your thoughts of me
are like drops of molten gold
precious- like raindrops
i catch them in my mouth

lead me down the forest trail
into the heart of the Garden

© Jim McCausland

 


No comments:

Post a Comment