Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ocean Eyes

I love my best friend.
She is funny and strong and true-to-the-bones.
She is like a blade of sunlight, shot through water. A polar plunge that slaps me in the face and wakes me with a start.
Startling. Wise. Taking risks. Living out the gospel in each step. 
When she runs the piney trails, the wind rejoices with her,
When she climbs the rocky walls the world grows wilder and more peaceful.
When she loves someone, the trees fall and the stones split from weight of it. 
She isn't just a lover, she is a live-er.
She drinks in life with great gasping gulps as if she'll never get enough. 
Loving to learn, she lives in a constant state of transformation. 
Wisdom is all around us; she knows where to look, and when she finds it she treasures it. 
I love running with her on the mountains, city streets and at the river's side.
Everyone should have a best friends like her, but there is only one of her...so too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment