Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 21: Planted

My feet sink deeper
and my soul uncurls
like a crumpled butterfly 
beating the air with it's
paper thin wings for the first time.

My toes are warm
in the crumbling dirt
and they drink in the sweetwater
with a sound too deep to hear

Sun on my upturned palms
Peace in my bones
as I dwell in the Land

The faithfulness of God
is the sky above me
and the earth beneath me

I live, I move
I am
in Him

My roots are wrapped
deep in the heart of God
Drawing my Green
from it's pulse

My branches are raised
in praise
As He smiles down
 from the sunny sky

Photography By Gilad (http://gilad.deviantart.com/)

Psalms 37:3-4
"Trust in the Lord, and do good:
Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord.
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment