Saturday, January 29, 2011

January-winter-tears

my cousin Joel is having a winter-spring...
http://thelowercaseblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/of-january-winter-springs.html

but I am having this:


Stinging, frozen, wintertears,
sharply shatter lilyleaves.
White and Old,
Pale and Gold.
my thoughts are far too sharp to hold.

Put them in a classy box,
watch them with your glassy eyes.
Your cloudy castles crystalize.

Oh! That I would softdissolve,
into a bucket that holds a whale.
I'd listen to the sailor's tale,
and help the insects parasail.

Till then, my arms are branches bare,
under the sunlight's chilly stare.
My roots are deep,
the hills are steep,
my heart is still a rebel's keep.


Crystal Trees

3 comments:

  1. You have put into words exactly how I'm feeling too! I especially like the last paragraph and the tree imagery. I enjoy reading your blog Joy and hearing what God's teaching you and all your touching poems. Keep it up!
    - Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm really impressed. my favorite part is the first stanza. and i feel like your background picture might just be of your back yard? an accurate intuition?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Wen :)
    and yeah Joel, it isn't my backyard but I picked it because it looks just like it.

    ReplyDelete